The Ancient Wisdom of Ayurveda with Kendra Irvine | Ep. 039
by Sascha Kalivoda
Ayurveda is the world’s oldest wellness system and the sister science to yoga, and considering that it is still around after many thousands of years and is still relevant, I think it may be a good idea to give it some attention, especially in light of how far western medicine has veered from what is natural and how little is has to offer in terms of cultivating health.
Kendra Irvine is an Ayurvedic Health Counsellor with the California College of Ayurveda, a Certified Wellness Coach and a Professional Kinesiologist who teaches high-performing women how to manage the stress of their demanding lives, create the best possible health for their unique body types and prevent dis-ease using Ayurveda.
I have long had an interest in Ayurveda and was delighted to be able to ask some questions and get more clarity on this ancient science. Here are some of the topics covered:
- The meaning of Ayurveda
- How long it as been around…1000’s of years!
- How Ayurveda looks to nature
- How the 5 elements play into our health and how the imbalances are reflected in our bodies
- What the Doshas are
- How the Doshas are reflected in your face, body and habits
- Ideas to balance kapha and pitta imbalances
- How Ayurveda views the individual as a microcosm of the macrocosm
- How to adjust your lifestyle if you are overwhelmed and anxious
- The state of Ayurveda in India
- The 3 causes of disease according to Ayurveda and how our choices can exacerbate our imbalances
- How forgetting who we are is the one underlying cause of disease according the the oldest healthcare system
- The best way to determine your Dosha
- The role of herbs in Ayurveda
- How the water element shows up in kapha vs. pitta
- The details of the Happy Body Summit coming up in May
- One great tip for all Doshas…hint, it’s around when to eat your largest meal
- And more!
To learn more about Kendra:
Join the Happy Body Summit:
Are you concerned about the future of our children?
The world needs more conscious parents. Get your online program chock full of interviews with world renowned experts here:
Email me: support at sovereigncollective dot org